20 Gal Dirted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jarrod0987

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Couldn't update old thread anymore so here is a new one. I don't inject CO2 and I love soil which is hidden under the gravel.

I have MTS and 2 Nerrite which keep the glass clean. An Oto which keeps the slime and stain type algae away. No more BBA since taking those leaves and lowering light a tad. I keep my ferts at 5 ppm nitrate and 0.5 ppm phosphate. K is over 10 ppm and I dose Iron up to 0.1 ppm daily. For fish I have 5 Guppies 3 Rosy Barbs and 8-11 neons.

3 Amazon swords which in retrospect are to big for this tank. Java Fern, Anachris, and a few others I don't remember. Various swords mostly.

img_3349584_0_091799881bb954d27f3c8eab8d634da9.jpg

Looks really good! I love amazon swords, amongst my favorite plants. I also have a dirted tank and couldn't be happier with it. Although, the plants do grow a bit too much for their own good :D

Thank you sir. When I bought them they were much darker and when they lightened up I was concerned. However, most people tell me they look normal and healthy so maybe they just get dark when grown by what ever method at the farming facility?

Back
Top Bottom