20 gallon long aquascape (journal)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share the journey of a new scape I’m setting up. I’ll post pictures of it now and then. Plus it’s been ages since I’ve been on here lol. IMG_2519.jpg IMG_2521.jpg

And the specs

Filter: Ehiem 2213

Lighting: Finnex planted plus 24/7

Co2: Ista disposable co2 can (not too sure how this will work)

Hardscape: Pagoda stone and spider wood

Plants: To be decided

I ordered black mountain seiryu Stone from that vendor. Nice stuff, but shipping cross country was spendy.
I’m starting to see tissue culture Buce in the big box stores. Nice option this time of year.

Following along, I also have Seiryu Stone but being in Canada makes shipping unobtainable for pricing reasons... so I got mine from a LFS ;) Usually I don't favor a "centerpiece" hardscape like you have laid out, but I really like the look of yours. Now get the soil in and fill it with water!

If you off center your hardscape, you will increase your aesthetic appeal. Consider the rule of thirds.

Following along, I also have Seiryu Stone but being in Canada makes shipping unobtainable for pricing reasons... so I got mine from a LFS ;) Usually I don't favor a "centerpiece" hardscape like you have laid out, but I really like the look of yours. Now get the soil in and fill it with water!

Thanks man!

If you off center your hardscape, you will increase your aesthetic appeal. Consider the rule of thirds.

Yeah I agree but I probably won’t change it. I always try to follow that rule but for this scape in particular I decided to really stick with an “island” scape but thanks for the feedback! :)

The substrate is in now I just have to figure out plants. I’m thinking montecarlo and dwarf hairgrass for the foreground but that’s as far as I’ve gotten. IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg This scape was actually a large source of inspiration for the one I’m doing now. Of course one of the main differences being the use of sand in this one.

View attachment 306308 This scape was actually a large source of inspiration for the one I’m doing now. Of course one of the main differences being the use of sand in this one.

With my latest scape, I could not find a combination and layout I actually liked, once I added plants, my oh my it softened the overall feel of the layout and really complimented the rockwork. Once you add plants you will be surprisingly happy with how it accents the hardscape.

So the tank has been filled for maybe about 2-3 days now. I’ve decided to plant some dwarf hairgrass in the back but I think I might just plant it in the front of the scape too. Thoughts? IMG_1516203721.051814.jpg

It’s been a while since I’ve done an update but I got some more plants in from buceplant and just got an aquatek mini regulator with a 20oz paintball Co2 canister for injecting with Co2. Just waiting on my drop checker and archaea Co2 diffuser to come in. IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

It’s been a couple of months and I haven’t updated at all but here’s where thing are right now. Major changes.

Back
Top Bottom