20 to 40 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting a 40 gal soon for my birthday :D and i wanted to replace my 20gal with the 40 gal. I was going to use the substrate for planted aquariums in it, and mix it wiht the current gravel in my 20 gal. The Idea is to instanl cycle my 40 gal by doing this. Therefore i could move my fish to the 40 gal right away. I would also keep my current filter on the 20gal running on te 40 gal to seed the new filter. Do you guys think this would work if i put my gravel from the 20 gal on the top of the new substrate?
I just figure if i already have a cycled tank gravel and filter etc why waste it? TIA

Donit worry about the gravel. Move the filter and the fish and you will be fine. If you want you can put the gravel in a stocking and sit it in the new tank for a while if you want. That way you can use pure planting medium. After a month or so you should be able to remove the old filter and take out the bag of gravel. A brand new knee hi works great for the gravel bag.

Good luck and congrats.

Back
Top Bottom