a must see vid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
type that link into the address bar on your phone. itll work that way..

its a vid on some asome aquascaping. i never thought you could creat such realistic tanks. im really thinking of redoing my hole tank

They are beautiful, but keep in mind that they are made to be beautiful for a couple of seconds just long enough to take a picture. Now if I saw a video of one of those aquascapes, then I would definately be impressed.

Grimm makes a valid point - these scapes are amazing, and even a brief video is absolutely possible, but the painstaking trimming, and meticulous care and attention to detail make these types of scapes somewhat to completely impractical to have in a show tank. I have maintained scapes in the past that were no where near as intricate as these, but still required extensive trimming at least once a week to look at all decent. Scapes like these would need trimmed every other day or so to maintain their appearance.

Some people have nothing but time...

I still disagree with the "they are made to be beautiful for a couple of seconds ", but I do completely understand your point.

That aside, they are obviously beautiful

Says who? You've obviously never seen the store in California that sells ADA equipment....

aqua forest aquarium

Jon - agreed that you can make a very pleasing aquascape that will work in a display tank... but even on that page you listed, the display tanks at Aqua Forest do not even come close to touching the contest winning photos posted above it, imo. Don't get me wrong, their tanks look great... and are just about as good as you can get from a practical standpoint of balancing a long term display tank with an amazingly appealing aquascape.

I still disagree with the "they are made to be beautiful for a couple of seconds ", but I do completely understand your point.

I agree with you there. I am thinking the time frame is more like 24 hours, rather than seconds.

i would like to see a vid of any of these that are resent. to see if they were able to keep up with them. just with what i have now, sometimes i feel burned out. none the less, breath taking. i give credit to those of you that have tanks like these and those of you that still do. and those of you that know what it takes as well. my hat goes off. (as i threw it across the room)

I got a question for any one with tanks even close to this.
how in the world to you keep um clean?
is simple water changes enough? cause you cant vacume it like you would gravel.

I use a gravel vac, and just wave it around in the plants. It isn't hard to keep them clean.

so as long as you came the easy areas as best as you can, its enough to keep the bad levels down?

Back
Top Bottom