adding something good for plants to existing substrate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have 20lbs of basic carib-sea black sand substrate from petstupid ---> CaribSea Aquarium Sand - Gravel & Sand - Fish - PetSmart I recently started planting my tank. I will have some heavy root feeders i was wandering if i can just get a 15lb bag of this http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo or something similar or even cheaper and during one of my pwc's and just mix it in. How much should i add all 15lbs I would of course remove as much tank water as i can and put my stock in a 5 gal bucket with the hob from my qt tank. Or would i be better off just removing the old stuff putting this in and putting the black sand on top. if i can just mix them together in the tank that would be great i could also remove some of the preexisting sand so i dont end up with a 4" bed lol. if not ill do what would be better for the plants and less stress on the fish. Thank you.

I had some API ones just used the last ones I'm actually going to get some osmocote plus in a few weeks and put 10 pellets in ice cubes. So I don't need a flourite type of substrate if I do that then? Is that how it works? Either a planted substrate or root tabs not both? Sorry I'm asking so many questions but gotta research reasearch reaserch. LoL

Back
Top Bottom