Algae issues...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its Blue Green Algae :( and how the heck did I miss that part lol let me reread it at lunch

I haven't tried using HP for BGA. About the only thing I used for BGA was a blackout. I had it bad in my 29G at one time, and used a blackout to get rid of it.

will a blackout kill my plants tho... its pretty heavily planted now :( and for how long... i will miss my fish :(

So that said about 3%... on 20 gallons

20*128*.03 /16 = 3 3/8th of a cup of H2O2? that seams like a lot doesnt it??? how owuld I add tha much... all at once or some every few hours

No, the blackout won't kill the plants. I can't remember how many days I did mine, maybe someone in here can shed some light on length of time. Some of the plants did lose some color, but sprung back quickly after the lights came back on. As for the H2O2, no, it's not 3% of the tank. You use 3% H2O2, which you can get at Safeway, etc. Look on the bottle, it will tell you if it's 3%. If you read the article that I had a link to on my other thread that I just posted, the guy on there uses 4oz in his 55G tank.

oh thank heavens... I thik I am going to try the blackout 1st, I dont like adding stuff to my tank... ill make a thread about it... thanks lone wolf :D

Back
Top Bottom