Anacharis question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased my first plant yesterday an Anacharis. This morning I can see white on some of the leaves. What does this mean?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just purchased my first plant yesterday an Anacharis. This morning I can see white on some of the leaves. What does this mean?

It's probably just melting. All plants usually go through this when introduced into a new tank. Once it gets settled down it will grow like a weed

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Thanks, I am so excited. I've had fake plants for 2 years. I am finally making the jump to real. One at a time though. Ive been doing lots of research but still have a lot of questions.

Thanks, I am so excited. I've had fake plants for 2 years. I am finally making the jump to real. One at a time though. Ive been doing lots of research but still have a lot of questions.

Some easy plants that grow in almost every tank are Anubias and Java fern. Both are very nice green plants

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Some easy plants that grow in almost every tank are Anubias and Java fern. Both are very nice green plants

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I was thinking about a Java fern next

I was thinking about a Java fern next

Anubias and Java Fern you don't plant. Just tie them to rocks or driftwood and it will establish itself. They are water column feeders.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Anubias and Java Fern you don't plant. Just tie them to rocks or driftwood and it will establish itself. They are water column feeders.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

That's what I read that is super cool. I can't take it all my silk plants out all at once though because my fish will freak. I figured if I do at least one plant at a time it will reduce any stress. As you can tell there are lots of hiding spots esp. on the right side of the tank. I'm just worried hopefully my led strip will cut it regarding plant growth.

Attachments

• 1428863131385.jpg
    1428863131385.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 56
That's the prettiest fake plants I've ever seen.

Another easy plant that grows like crazy is bacopa caroliniana.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks! Need to look into those.

Back
Top Bottom