Anubias Congensis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I would like to ask a few anubias congensis.

1. Can you put the roots of the anubias in the gravel all the way? Or do you have to keep the thing attached to the roots that starts with a "r" out of the substrate? (Btw, I have FloraMax gravel.)

2. Do I need to use liquid fertilizer? (I really don't want to spend a ton of money on it :lol: ...)

3. Do I need Co2 injections?

4. Or should I just get java fern?

:thanks: :fish2:

The rhizome needs to be out of the gravel
Buy root tablets as fertilizers, 10 tablets cost 10 dollars, but they last like three months
Use liquid carbon

The care for anubias and java fern are very similar so its really up to your personal preference. Both have rhizomes which need to be kept out of the substrate or it will rot eventually causing the plant to die. You can bury the roots attached to the rhizome or you can attach the plants to rocks, driftwood, or decorations if they aren't too smooth. You may be able to get away without using liquid ferts but I would suggest getting a 250ml bottle of Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, you get more for your dollar with the larger bottles, just dose once a week after your water changes or twice a week if you want. It wouldn't cost too much.

You don't need a liquid carbon supplement for these low light, less demanding plants. And root tabs wouldn't do as much good as the Flourish would because these plants aren't heavy root feeders. Also no co2 injection needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom