Anubias got patches that are see through!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all!

I have recently got into planted tanks and have added a variety of plants over a number of weeks. They are all doing really well at the moment (touch wood) but I have a large anubias plant and on one of the leaves there are patches which are see through? I have 3 other anubias plants also which are all doing fine?

I have a 29 gallon tank and have root tabs in my sand and am dosing seachem flourish and trace twice a week as stated on the bottle.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can rectify?

If all the others are doing fine then I would not worry about it at all. Cut the bad leaf off so it does not have to expel energy and nutrients to fix which it never will anyway. Sure it's fine and could of been shock from something but if all other are fine then you have nothing to worry about

Okay thank you! Yeah all the others are fine. The other leaves on the same plant are fine its just the one that has 3 small patches on. I will remove the leaf and see how it goes on. To remove it do I just cut it off or...?

Okay thank you! Yeah all the others are fine. The other leaves on the same plant are fine its just the one that has 3 small patches on. I will remove the leaf and see how it goes on. To remove it do I just cut it off or...?

Cut it as far down the stem as you can.

Back
Top Bottom