Anubis with cichlids-Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,
I know this probably qualifies as cichlid discussion, hut it's mostly about lighting. I took down my 28gal planted(college is coming) and added some anusius and java ferns to my 55gal cichlid. The original light is a fluroescent, idk wattage or output on hand but it sticks at growing plants. It's mainly for viewing and enhancing the fish colors. I'm thinking a ray 2 48 in, but am very concerned that this would be too much light for such a small plant load. I really like the led lighting of my 24in ray 2. I thought about a heavy load of amazon frog it to compete with algae. Here's the tank any thoughts on lighting for the low light-mid light Anubis. I kno paw the ray 2 is a high light output, but with a frog it cover most of the light is reflected/absorbed at he surface.

BMLs for Anubias, that's dedication! I would love to see this tank under a BML fixture though, maybe the FF Blue 13k? Your rock layout is fantastic, well done!

Back
Top Bottom