Baby tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are you talking about dwarf baby tears (Hemianthus callitrichoides) or non dwarf or full size baby tears (micranthemum umbrosom)?

I've been doing a bunch of research on the subject of non dwarf baby tears (i just purchased some) and forming a carpet with them.

From everything I've read, the higher the light, the faster the growth. Both grow like weeds with high light and co2 injection.

However, Dwarf Baby Tears will quickly form a carpet with sufficient light and co2, whereas Baby Tears are more likely to grow vertically.

If anybody has any info on a Full sized baby tears carpet, please let me know!

Hope this info helped.

Sounds great. The lady at my locally owned pet store said not to bother with them because they are so hard to keep going. But I'm stubborn and want a nice little carpet of them. And I was talking about dwarf baby tears.

I was thinking of getting the CO2 Natural System by Hagen Nutrafin.

This is my carpet of baby tears. It takes a long time to carpet regular baby tears. The good thing is that you could replant the stems that are trimmed to make it denser. I grew them in low light and pressurized co2.

Attachments

• image-3380076822.jpg
    image-3380076822.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 110
I'm not tryin to jack the thread but I recently also got some not sure if there dwarf or not but would a par rating of ~80 -90 be sufficent. Here's mine.

From the manufacturer it is a current USA 24" freshwater nova extreme I contacted them asking what the par rating is for my light they said ~70@24" and ~250@6"

Back
Top Bottom