Blyxa Japonica question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beeritself

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a few blyxa japonica in my tank. I am running pressurized co2 and I dose with flourish excel every 3 days (1 cap on a 55 gallon tank). I have 1 blyxa that is growing strangely. Seeking help or guidance or being told to be quiet because all is normal. Here's the pic.

image-265908051.jpg

I have a few blyxa japonica in my tank. I am running pressurized co2 and I dose with flourish excel every 3 days (1 cap on a 55 gallon tank). I have 1 blyxa that is growing strangely. Seeking help or guidance or being told to be quiet because all is normal. Here's the pic.

View attachment 274974

Hmm, can't speak to it growing weird as I never had them. But if you're running pressured co2, why the Excel?

Only thing I could think of is that stem was once under substrate trying to spread out.. snip top and replant l
Edit- or its reaching towards the light? Where you at there? Tank height?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Nice turks, and super rex white discus you got there. I just got some blyxa in week or so ago. I had a similar growth. I trimmed and replanted, like brookster stated, starting to grow ok now. Or so it seems.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Only thing I could think of is that stem was once under substrate trying to spread out.. snip top and replant l

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree with Brookster. That's what it looks like to me too.

Back
Top Bottom