Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Building CO2 Regulator

Hi Everyone,

I finally got my 75G tank set - with stand and lighting . With my new set-up, I also bought new fishes - checkered & cherry barbs and amber & neon tetras (I think I have enough bottom feeders) - and few plants - Magenta Water Hedge, few anubias (small and large), tiger lily, cardamon and four leaf clover. I also bought medium driftwood. So far, it looks very beautiful.

Now, I am thinking of upgrading to high tech set-up - with compressed CO2. My plants are slow growing, and I know that I don't need CO2. But I want my plants to propagate faster than without CO2. I have seen few aquariums from my LFS with large anubias, and I decided to get those set-up faster than waiting for years.

I have been looking for CO2 regulators in Ebay. I thought that I have found a great regulator, then found out later that there are way cheaper regulators. Some of you have great experience in buying regulators. I want your help. I have looked for Victor, Concoa and Matheson - its hard to choose. I have already looked for Burkert 6011 solenoid. Besides these, I would like to know what else I will be needing - fittings and their sizes. My current budget for everything including the cylinder tank is <$200. Without the tank, I am hoping to spend about $100-$150.

I hope to get your guidance and advice. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Building CO2 Regulator

Hey mate, if your looking to build a reactor (you'll need one for a tank that size) go with a cerges or a Griggs.

Here's the links:

Cerges: https://glassboxgardeners.com/thread...2-reactor.346/

Griggs: http://rotalabutterfly.com/rex-grigg/diy-reactor.htm

No need to add bio balls with the Griggs. Works fine without it [emoji106]
Old 09-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Look up post from OLDPUNK [Josh] on TPT.
He custom made regs for many people and has listed complete builds and parts list for great regs...
Here is a link he posted on AF..
Aquarium Forum - How to: Build your own co2 regulator
^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, building, co2, regulator

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com