Caliban's AquaOpti 85L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love both your ideas there Bert ill definitely be sticking some plants in them crevices and as it happens some of the rock chipped off and did look good but I added more sand and covered them. I have one rock spare so could crush that up.

Autumn the mini Anubias sounds like the perfect plant for this if I can source it would love to try in but planting could be tricky. Are you suggesting the mat is for this?

Also I think blyxa japonica can get too big and might take away from the scale. I need a mini bush. Some S.repens may work but would like to try something different.

True about the blyxa. Nan petite would be the go for sure like everyone said. You'll even be able to drop the light back down abit to avoid unneeded algae due to the types of plants your running. 0 algae would just be a dream!

That's my plan with the new scape, less light more co2 lower light plants (apart from the AR mini) hoping to get my light as low as possible to avoid algae over running my scape. ;)

True about the blyxa. Nan petite would be the go for sure like everyone said. You'll even be able to drop the light back down abit to avoid unneeded algae due to the types of plants your running. 0 algae would just be a dream!

That's my plan with the new scape, less light more co2 lower light plants (apart from the AR mini) hoping to get my light as low as possible to avoid algae over running my scape. ;)

No way Jose. I'm going full throttle on the lights ;) Anubias nana petite. Let's look this bad boy up.

What about the rhizomes?

Just super glue them to the side of the rock ;)
Sometimes I wish I could go 100% light with no fish and just crank the co2 to a uncountable bubble rate lol. Dam those fish!

Anubias nana "petite" is a great plant, but with that lighting, it'll have to get shaded or it'll be an algae magnet. I've seen plenty of members have Anubias in high light, and it grows well, but the algae part can be tricky.

https://i.imgur.com/M04fOgh.jpg

Anubias nana "petite" is a great plant, but with that lighting, it'll have to get shaded or it'll be an algae magnet. I've seen plenty of members have Anubias in high light, and it grows well, but the algae part can be tricky.

https://i.imgur.com/M04fOgh.jpg

Looks good. I don't know if it behaves similar to other Anubias but the ones I had seemed to do ok when it had everything it needed. Algae free leaves etc. When it doesn't have everything it requires it gets covered in algae fast.

This was under two 24w t5 bulbs with reflectors at about 15 inches.

IMG_2029.jpg

Here you can see the growth prior to ideal conditions and growth post ideal conditions.

I honest don't know anything about my LED light. Someone said it could grow a carpet at 30cm so I went with it.

Chihiros A series 60cm on maximum setting.

I have two anubias. They grow fast in my tank. No algae. I guess im backwards. Lol

Prolly jus gonna get new substrate in my mini m ? not sure yet have my light hrs for 5 hrs slit in half but ur new tank is looking sweet

Looking good - wow, can see the hard work! I'm just exhausted looking at it :) but so keen to see it growing out.

Thanks Dela. I didn't see you post. I'm a very impatient person. I knew I had only a few hours because I was going out so I was kinda rushing. The scape wasn't planned either. It just came together like that [emoji23]

Cal's Aquaopti 85L

Well after 2 days I decided that I didn't like the scape anymore. It was a tad boring and the tank wasn't big enough to pull off the look and the fish had little swimming space.

I removed everything and started again.

I came up with this.

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

The darker piece of wood was an after thought and wasn't supposed to be in the final lay out. Do you think It should be removed?
I can now add much more variety of plants in the top section.

Any suggestions let me know your thoughts.

Well after 2 days I decided that I didn't like the scape anymore. It was a tad boring and the tank wasn't big enough to pull off the look and the fish had little swimming space.

I removed everything and started again.

I came up with this.

View attachment 292653

View attachment 292654

The darker piece of wood was an after thought and wasn't supposed to be in the final lay out. Do you think It should be removed?
I can now add much more variety of plants in the top section.

Any suggestions let me know your thoughts.

Looks good ;) the dark wood needs to go tho as u want to avoid symmetry as much as pos. I think stem plants flowing from back to center in height would look better than the dark wood [emoji106]

Looks good ;) the dark wood needs to go tho as u want to avoid symmetry as much as pos. I think stem plants flowing from back to center in height would look better than the dark wood [emoji106]

I agreed all along [emoji6] it's coming out

Well sorry peeps but I changed it all again. Hopefully the last time for a while. I'll take a picture tomorrow when it's settled.

Back
Top Bottom