Cheap c02 system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what you want? DIY will work fine but requires replacing and con be more work than its worth. Pressurized is easy, will last a long time on a nano, and can always be used on a larger tank.

Depends on what you want? DIY will work fine but requires replacing and con be more work than its worth. Pressurized is easy, will last a long time on a nano, and can always be used on a larger tank.

I'd like something like I can buy cuz I'm not much of a DIY person when it comes to co2 and chemistry haha

Those are quite popular systems. I myself couldn't tell you from personal experience, I have a beer making system for my tank.

Lol nice. I might just go with fertilizer stuff instead cuz it's a 2.6 gallon aquarium so space is a issue and it has fry in it right now :/

Google aquarium plants you can grow without co2, there are lots of options. Make sure you get the liquid carbon and the fertilizer.

This is what I used before I got co2, again google to see what plants will work in your tank without co2.

Attachments

• image-1256683431.jpg
    image-1256683431.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 50
Liquid carbon supplements like excel and API co2 boost can work pretty well for nano tanks especially if you're not trying for really demanding plants. Also, if you're thinking about going with a non-refillable type pressurized co2 system I highly suggest shelling out the extra $20 for the fluval 88g instead of the 20g. I have the fluval 20g, the fluval 88g, a paintball co2 system and a 5lb tank setup. My main complaint about the fluval 20g is that it doesn't last long at all and as the pressure drops in the cylinder you have to readjust the needle valve constantly to get the co2 to flow(I had it on a 8g tank), this isn't the case with the 88g at all and I actually really like the 88.

I would probably stay away from using co2 on a fry tank due to the pH swings that are involved. I would on the other hand suggest Excel like others have. It's not as effective as co2 but it works way better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom