Cloudy water Ugh!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am beating my head against the wall. I just dirted my daughters' 36 bf and capped with sand. It's play sand and I washed it for what seemed like ever! Everything was going really well and I got to the final fill the water was crystal clear. Then I turned the water up to high and sand and dirt went everywhere! Since then I have drained and filled and drained and filled but there is still crude everywhere. Do I just wait it out or keep draining and filling?

Any time you put any kind of sand or dirt (especially dirt) its going to be cloudy.
Just wait it out it should clear up.
Good luck!
Merry Christmas!

When I did my 55 gallon, it was cloudy for about a week. I cleaned the filter every other day to help clear it out a little faster and I also added 2 bags of carbon to my filter.
Good luck!

I'd say things should clear up after a few WCs. You may want to address the direction of the filter output. If you can find a way to distribute it along the surface or spread it out in multiple directions so that it is not upsetting the substrate.

Cloudy Tank Water

I am beating my head against the wall. I just dirted my daughters' 36 bf and capped with sand. It's play sand and I washed it for what seemed like ever! Everything was going really well and I got to the final fill the water was crystal clear. Then I turned the water up to high and sand and dirt went everywhere! Since then I have drained and filled and drained and filled but there is still crude everywhere. Do I just wait it out or keep draining and filling?

Hello flit...

Two things: Large, weekly water changes and ammonia filter padding from Acurel. Just give these two a little time and your water will be crystal clear.

B

Now I just have to figure out how to get all of the bits of stuff off the filter intakes!
Restarting the filter will often dislodge the materials stuck onto the filter intakes. I do shut mine off every now and then so that any MTS can get unstuck. or i just knock them off while the filter is off. Sometimes I vacuum them off during water changes.

Back
Top Bottom