CO2 and pH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long is it going to take for the CO2 to lower the ph? I am worried that the bubbles from my HOBs will disperse the CO2 just as fast as I inject them. Should i just turn off the CO2 until I get a better diffuser or reactor? Should I get rid of my HOBs? Thanks.

I think replacing the HOB's with a canister (or canisters) would be a good idea. That would kill 2 birds with one stone. Less surface agitation, and the ability to run an inline reactor which would be much more efficient than the air stone.

Can I just get rid of the HOBs right now and just use the FX5 or will that cause a mini cycle? Is the FX5 enough?

Ok. I'm going to home depot now to buy parts for the reactor. Thanks.

So, i took out the 2 penguin 350s and just left the fx5 in my 125g. Good thing I saved one of the HOBs and put it in my 20g because I just checked my 125s parameters and ammonia is 0.50ppm. Nitrite is 0ppm though. Should I put the penguin 350 back or just do a pwc until the BB catches up?

Did a 60% PWC. Put one of Penguin 350 back and checked an hour later and ammonia is back down to 0.0ppm. I'll take one cartridge out each week... My CO2 will have to wait... Phew... That was tiring... Lol.

That's odd... can you not put the cartridges from your penguins in your FX5 for a little while? I would have thought having the FX5 on there that long would have easily been sufficient. If you just cut the media out and stuff it in the FX5, you'll be good since they obviously need to seed the FX5 anyways.

mfdrookie516 said:
That's odd... can you not put the cartridges from your penguins in your FX5 for a little while? I would have thought having the FX5 on there that long would have easily been sufficient. If you just cut the media out and stuff it in the FX5, you'll be good since they obviously need to seed the FX5 anyways.

You're asking me to not put the penguin's media in the fx5 and n the last part of your reply, you said to cut it up and put it in the fx5? :confused:

I'm not planning to do that. The fx5 is already full.

mfdrookie516 said:
I think replacing the HOB's with a canister (or canisters) would be a good idea. That would kill 2 birds with one stone. Less surface agitation, and the ability to run an inline reactor which would be much more efficient than the air stone.

He knows what he is talking about /\

You're asking me to not put the penguin's media in the fx5 and n the last part of your reply, you said to cut it up and put it in the fx5? :confused:

I'm not planning to do that. The fx5 is already full.

Sorry, that was meant as a question, not a statement. I said 'can you not put the cartridge in your FX5?'. That would keep you from having to run the penguin

I don't have any space left in the FX5. I can replace the peat granules with the cartridge. I need it to soften the water though. How about the bio-wheels?

Back
Top Bottom