CO2 bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishk14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello, does anyone know how many bubbles per second i should do in my 29gallon planted tank? i have some stem plants and some epihytes. I just started the CO2 injection 2 weeks ago. i dont see any change in my plants.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
No one can really answer this because bubble rates are not universal and many factors will change bubble rates across tanks. It’s too dangerous to recommend a bubble rate because if you use that information and apply it to your tank you could easily kill the tank inhabitants.

You need to get a drop checker with 4dKh solution added then monitor colour changes inside the drop checker. When it turns dark to lime green you should have the correct levels of co2 for a high tech tank, that is to say, that that is the target most high tech planted tank keepers will aim for.

100% agree with the above.

You need to get a drop checker and adjust the co2 accordingly.

Bubble counters are just a reference for yourself once you know roughly the injection rate you need. They’re just a quick and crude visual indicator for you so you can quickly see if the co2 is working and verify the rate hasn’t gone completely out of whack. In the instance of a cheap single stage regulator where they can blast your tank with co2 when the co2 tank is near empty

Back
Top Bottom