co2-which one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sir_dudeguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
whats the diff. between the "Hagen Plant Grow Natural System with CO2" and the Jungle "CO2 Fizz Factory and Accessories"? Is one better than the other? And are they just a container that you put the tablets in? If they are, couldn't you just take a soda bottle and rig it up with airline and put the tablets in it? I've seen all the diy ones but i was just wondering why people dont just take the tabletts and put them in a bottle, cuz the containers just look like a regular bottle. Or is there seperate parts inside the container?
Both of them are sold at petsmart.com. Just type in co2 in the item find box at the top of the page.
thanks in advance.

fizz factory doesn't seem to work, who knows what those tablets are... i'd go with the hagen system. its the same as a diy system, all you have to do is provide yeast sugar water and baking soda.

can you just take the tablets or whatever it is from the hagen system and put them in a soda bottle?

the packets that come with the hagen system are essentially yeast and baking soda. So, really, you can skip the whole hagen thing and jump right into do it yourself co2. YOu'll save ca$h. If you do buy the hagen system (I have one... its on my 'show' tank in the living room. I got it because its much sleeker looking that a 2 liter bottle and this particular tank doesn't have much room to hide equipment), use the packets they give you until they're gone and then just buy your own yeast, sugar and baking soda. If you search the planted section of this forum you'll read a couple of threads on making a system yourself, as well as recipes for mixing up the ingredients. HTH

There's only 2 pieces you really need from the hagen plant gro system...the diffuser 'ladder' and the CO2 tubing. The rest is just yeast, baking soda, and a CO2 generation chamber that's only suitable for a 10gallon tank (i.e. too darn small).
drsfostersmith.com sell the ladder/diffuser separately for about $10.

Best to make the solution yourself . Do a google search for diy co2 and you will find a ton of info available

i'll tell you everything i know about if you want.
mine works GREAT. i love it.
and it costs me about 2 cups sugar and a teaspoon of yeast every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.... thats less than 5 a month.

Ok urville, i'd like to know how you made yours. And i was thinking of making the one you made shwmutt.

Hmmm...2 cups of sugar should last more than 2 weeks. I only use 1.5cups of sugar and it lasts 4-5 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom