Cobb County (GA) Water Report - Can someone interpret?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atl300zx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Below is my report i just received from my county on the water conditions. Could someone interpret the report? I dont even know what most of the headers stand for. I am just looking for someone to tell me if anything looks particularly peculiar.

Contaminant.....MCL.....MCLG.....Detected Level.....Range

Flouride.............4.........4...............0.96.............BDL-0.96
Lead..............AL=15.....0.................7....................N/A
Copper...........AL=1.3....0...............0.03..................N/A
Nitrate.............10.......10...............1.3................0.22-1.3

TTHM's.............80........0...............42.7.............12.8-69.4
HAA5's.............60.........0...............23.5.............11.1-35.0
TOC................N/A.......N/A.............2.2................1.0-2.2
Chlorite............1.0.......0.8.............0.49..............0.065-0.49
Chlorine........MRDL=4...MRDLG=4......1.95..............BLD^2=1.95

Highest coliform bacteria = 1.31%
Highest E. Coli bacteria = 0.44%

TIA

MCL (Maximum Contaminant Level): The highest level of a contaminant that is allowed in drinking water. MCLs are set as close to the MCLGs as feasible using the best available treatment technology.
MCLG (Maximum Contaminant Level Goal): The level of a contaminant in drinking water below which there is no known or expected risk to health. MCLGs allow for margin of safety.
TTHM: Trihalomethanes (chloroform, bromoform, bromodichloromethane, and chlorodibromomethane) are common contaminants of chlorinated drinking water. They form when chlorine reacts with decomposing plant material, which is often found in water from surface sources.
HAA5: Haloacetic Acidsare a group of chemicals that are formed along with other disinfection byproducts when chlorine or other disinfectants used to control microbial contaminants in drinking water react with naturally occurring organic and inorganic matter in water.

Comparing it to my water it doesn't seem that bad. Though I'm not expert on water which is why I use RO/DI and add back what I need for my FW

I've had relative success with my tank using this water. i was just curious if something jumped out at you as pretty bad.

My tank water ends up being extremely soft, but i guess you cant tell that from this report.

Highest coliform bacteria = 1.31%
Highest E. Coli bacteria = 0.44%

Those are the levels I would worry about... for drinking water.

What doesnt kill me, makes me stronger....:icecream:

I can guarantee you that E. coli will NOT make you stronger.

I ended up catching it 4 yrs ago and was losing more than 1 quart of blood a day in the urine! If it wasn't for the VA hospital in White River, VT finding it, I would be dead now.

All it takes is ONE bacterium in the wrong place (it divides every 45 minutes).

Might want to take a look at your reading Kimo. Arlington TX reported a .55% coliform bacteria rating in 2007 E. Coli of course being a subgrouping of this bacteria classification.

Might want to take a look at your reading Kimo. Arlington TX reported a .55% coliform bacteria rating in 2007 E. Coli of course being a subgrouping of this bacteria classification.

How well I know! Knowing that Arlington water comes from Lake Arlington before it goes to the storage tanks, and the lake is a public swimming and boating lake(!) its a wonder we aren't all sick down here. They "just discovered" "minute traces" of some kind of medical sedative in the water a week ago... might be why all my fish are staring at me with glassy eyes?

I caught that E. coli somewhere in Ohio. Had been on the road in the motorhome for 5 weeks before going to VT. No fun driving 500 miles a day when you can hardly hold your head up.

Back
Top Bottom