Containing runners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angry the Clown

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All,

I am searching for a long-term "container type" device to contain some of my plants that put out long (and inconvenient) runners. So far, the best idea I have is to use Pyrex type glass. Solution to be used with big plants that have big root structures and needs to be inert. Footprint needs to fit within my 75g. Any other ideas?

I have had a similar problem in my tanks, got plants popping up all over where you don't want them. To keep my large Crypts contained I plant them in those glad plastic square containers that you put leftovers in, whichever size you have room for. I then bury the container and plant in the substrate with just the top of the container level with the substrate. Keeps the runners at bay. You will still eventually have to pull the whole thing out and repot the plant as it will eventually become container bound. The plant will tell you when it's time to repot as it will stop growing and may start to look unhealthy if you leave it to long.

Back
Top Bottom