Diary of the 75G planted tank.... New pics 6/26/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have yet to put Bolivians together that didn't fight. I have 3 of them and they are either all males or all females. Whenever I put any 2 of them together, one of them picked on the other. I just ended up putting the 3 of them in the same tank. There is still some aggression, but it's pretty harmless since it's being spread around. My little guy fights back and sometimes even chases the bigger Rams.

Here's some new pics.....

75g314.jpg

75g315.jpg

75g316.jpg

75g317.jpg

75g318.jpg

75g319.jpg

Update....

Just looked at my male BN Pleco, and boy he's starting to get ugly, lol. Growing whiskers all the way up to his forehead, lol. But that is cool, it confirms that he's male.:)

Sweet pic's! That pleco eating the algae wafer is hilarious!

What is that plant growing emersed?

Here's how my clover is doing.....

I've been snipping runners here and there, so now it's going all directions......

75g341.jpg

75g342.jpg

75g343.jpg

Edit:
My female GBR's belly is starting to bulge again, lol. And they are turning colors again, lol. So it looks like I may get eggs again here shortly. Will let them lay the eggs and give a little time for fertalization, then will transfer to my 10G. I just hope a temp change won't hurt the eggs. Maybe I'll bump the 10G temp up some to meet about the same temp.

Update.....

Tank is looking better, now that I've incorporated travis' dosing calendar. It's been almost a week since I started, and how can I tell so soon you ask? Well, my anacharis is looking cleaner once again, lol. They looked great when I turned the temp up to 90 degrees, but when I dropped it back to 87 degrees, the algae that was on them came right back. That and the vals are perking up, and are growing about 6-8 inches a day almost, lol. Things are looking good. I know different tanks need different dosings, but travis' dosing schedule is giving me a good new beginning, and I know I may need to tweak it a little here and there for my particular tank, but things are looking up finally. Will let the plants tell me if I need to make any minor adjustments from here on. :)

Hopefully the same will happen with my 29G. Since I started the new dosing, and with no CO2 injected and 3w/g, my plants are pearling in the 29G.

Update:

Tank is looking pretty good. But one small problem, CO2 tanks don't have an indefinite supply of CO2, lol. I now see my main guage starting to decrease in pressure, so that probably means I'm within a couple days of being empty. So Monday I'll go and get my 10lb tank for my 75G, then when the 5lb is finally empty, will swap them out and get the 5lb refilled and place it on my 29G. :)

Also, tank is down to 81 degrees. Will turn it down one more notch to see if that will put me at around 78. Then will be back to normal. :)

Glad to hear you are winning the battle! Get those CO2 tanks happening, the last thing you need now is to run out of CO2!

Oh, and just for everyone's info, the 5lb CO2 tank along with being run 24/7 on a ph controller, lasted 5 1/2 months, +/- a couple days. This is on a 75G tank with a glass diffuser going into my XP3 for half the time, then to a powered reactor the 2nd half of the time. The powered reactor did a much better job than running the CO2 to the filter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CO2-REACTOR-M-C...oryZ3212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Update:

Changing my dosing schedule a little bit. Hope it has no problems......

Here's what I'm doing. I'm just shifting everything over one day, since I do work on Saturdays, and it's been hard to do my maintenance on Saturday. So I'm doing maintenance on Sundays now, my day off. Other than that, all dosings will remain the same, just everything being shifted over 1 day. I hope that slight change doesn't cause any ill affects with algae, as I went 2 days with no dosing.

Also, the female GBR looks like she's getting ready to drop eggs. Got to be ready to transfer the eggs. :)

6 days, lol. I normally prune my jungle vals every 2-3 days. I now have about 20 inches of vals on the surface, lol.

As for the duckweed, 1 week, lol.

fun isn't it??? My tank does the same thing....I went away for 5 days and came home to the Amazon Jungle in my living room! A couple of days ago I pruned again and pulled out another huge handful of plants, mostly lotus leaves, H polysperma "tropic sunset" and "ceylon"....boy do those plants grow fast!!! I also have to constantly remove the floating plants that I have, I've managed to eradicate all but one type that looks like duckweed but has much larger leaves.

Most everything grows like crazy, but then there are the plants that grow really, really, really slowly, that I never have to touch. (hairgrass, Alternanthera reineckii, Crinum calamistratum). There doesn't seem to be many in-between plants; either they grow at the speed of light or they grow really slowly.

Back
Top Bottom