Dwarf Hair Grass question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2x65w Current USA Dual Daylight fixture on about 8 1/2 hrs a day, I'm dosing CSM+b and Potassium Suflate 1/2tsp, 1/4 tsp on mondays and on thursdays. 2 times a week I am doing a water change and cleaning the filter since it is getting pretty dirty plus all the baby tears and other leafs that are falling off and getting inside the filter possibly giving me the 0.25 reading of ammonia.

my hairgrass is turning all brown I guess it is dieing off, it is pretty deep inside the gravel, should I bring it a bit higher to the surface of the gravel or just take it out do to not enough lighting etc, reason why it is dieing maybe?

You only have 130w over a 75g.....thats not enough light for hairgrass IMO. For it to thrive, you'll want around 3-4wpg and CO2 injection. :)

Hairgrass really took off once I switched to Aquasoil from gravel. It was almost dormant in regular stuff for 6 months and has already doubled within 2 weeks. You didn't put how big your tank is so it is hard to tell your lighting situation.

Back
Top Bottom