Eco-Complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasakato

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just added another bag of Eco-Complete to my 20g tank. The water right now is really cloudy. I have my FilStar XP1 and Bio-Wheel filter running on it right now. Is the harmful to the fish?

Nope. The cloudiness will subside in a couple hours.
That's an aweful lot of filtration for a 20gallon tank tho. an XP1 will work on a 55gallon tank.

Is one of the filters already cycled, and just being used to cycle the other?

The Bio-wheel filter has been cycled for a few months. Once the FilStar is also cycled I will move the Bio-wheel filter to another tank.

My bag of ecocomplete clouded my water as well. I just left the filter running for alittle awhile and it cleared it up..althought i did clog up my filter element pretty well.

I'm using Excel with it. In my 10 gal i'll used to be dosing 1ml per day. Recently i've been adding a bit more. Currently at 1.5ml per day. I'm setting up a dyi gelatine co2 setup soon. Depending on how well that works out i may be cutting excel out completely.

Excel and Eco complete are totally different things. Excel is a carbon supplement...Eco is a substrate. There's no reason you can't use them together, but DO NOT overdose the Excel. Follow the label and don't add more than that, or you can kill the fish.

Back
Top Bottom