EI Dosong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
How about some examples of ei dosing in your aquarium?
Please include details on ferts dosed, amounts dosed,days dosed on&size of your aquarium...thx
This will also serve as a reference guide for (myself & or others)the coming switch from pps-pro dosing to ei dosing method..

sit in silence...

I'm all over the place. This is from memory.

After a water change I dose a teaspoon of micro ferts to 0.5 Fe.

Over the week I will dose 50ppm potassium (1 or 2 teaspoons per day dry ferts).

Phosphates I dose for 3ppm. Last few tests have been around 2'ish so about right there.

Just started dosing 3 ppm nitrates in wet solution each night. Was slack and didn't test this weekend to see how that was going but nitrates were down to 5ppm so got a bit of leeway.

Also on the 7th after a wc do you dose or wait to the next day?

sit in silence...

I'm all over the place. This is from memory.

After a water change I dose a teaspoon of micro ferts to 0.5 Fe.

Over the week I will dose 50ppm potassium (1 or 2 teaspoons per day dry ferts).

Phosphates I dose for 3ppm. Last few tests have been around 2'ish so about right there.

Just started dosing 3 ppm nitrates in wet solution each night. Was slack and didn't test this weekend to see how that was going but nitrates were down to 5ppm so got a bit of leeway.

I don't dose the night before a water change.

Thx for your info Delapool..

sit in silence...

From what I've read & videos I've viewed so far suggest dosing micros& macros on alternating days at 3 days each(15ml's each a day)..seems high,no?
I currently have my ferts mixed wet&have been dosing pps-pro.

sit in silence...

Yes, I dose phosphates and micros (with iron) separately just in case the two mix and iron phosphate drops out. Went on a waste management course and they mentioned they put iron solution into rivers with high phosphate levels (farm ferts run off) and it drops both out as iron phosphate so could be something to it. Can't remember what time of iron though.

Pulled most of the foxtail out of tank on weekend. Maybe two x gallon ice cream containers of plants. Just got sick of it as it looked really untidy. Now I have just half a dozen plants wrapped around canister outlet pipes. Finally got around to nitrate testing and that has jumped from 5ppm to 40ppm so think I'll hold off on dosing nitrates for a bit....

From what I've read & videos I've viewed so far suggest dosing micros& macros on alternating days at 3 days each(15ml's each a day)..seems high,no?
I currently have my ferts mixed wet&have been dosing pps-pro.

sit in silence...
Yes, it is high but thats absolutely the point. Its a system designed to flood the tank with nutrients making sure plants never run out while using water changes to keep the fert levels in the safe eange.

Yes, it is high but thats absolutely the point. Its a system designed to flood the tank with nutrients making sure plants never run out while using water changes to keep the fert levels in the safe eange.

I appreciate the insight Mebbid...

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom