Emersed question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leftyfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got in some ludwigia inclinata "Cuba" in its emersed form. They are bunched with the lead clip, can I just drop them down like that or should I plant them? There are little to no roots on the stem. When I get plants on weights that have some roots I take the weight off and planted them individually, not sure what to do here.

Thanks for the help!

Okay, Rivercats gave me advice on this, thanks. Here is the emersed...

image-3507229658.jpg

I'll post pics as it changes, should be interesting!

Wait till you see how different the leaves look and change on the Proserpinaca palustris. I find it fascinating to see how much plant leaves change during the process.

Should I trim off the old leaf (not dead) when I see new growth in the "v" between the stem and the emersed leaf?

The Ludwigia inclinata 'Cuba' has grown about 4"!! The tops are red/pink but everything is still emersed looking, lots of little leaves sprouting. No melting, so I'm happy with that.

The P. palustrus is starting to turn red in the top leaves, some growth but not like the Cuba. I would say moderate melting on some, I shook them out and replanted yesterday.

The scarlet temple plant has a little growth, very little melting.

I don't trim those leaves off until there is significant leaf growth. Then the old leaf can go.

Back
Top Bottom