Excel + Plantex CSM+B+extra Fe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czcz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tried this again after discussion with Travis here. First attempt with too many variables is here.

Mix is for .3ppm Fe and 1mL Excel/10gal per recommended dose. Mix is 1.13g Plantex CSM+B+Extra Fe (I use a scale), 90mL water, 10mL Excel. Dosing is 5ml for every 5g. If anyone wants help with calcs for their tank so we can have a collection of data for this experiment, just ask. I can get weight of a tsp of Plantex for density too if wanted.

Have not changed dosing of macros or DIY CO2. Had to start and restart pump a few times last night and the gunk on the leaves is stuff kicked up from the substrate, not diatoms. As you can see I've not beaten green spot. Anyway, this is my best pearling ever.

Attachments

• excel_plantex_repens.jpg
    excel_plantex_repens.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 98
  • excel_plantex_sunset.jpg
    excel_plantex_sunset.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 107
Nice work Joe. The pearling is always a good sign. So you think the Excel along with CSM+B + Fe is increasing Fe/trace uptake? Have you noticed any coloration differences or accelerated growth in fast growing plants?

I'm not sure if it is increasing Fe/trace uptake. I no longer have Wisteria in the system and my best indicator plant is probably E. triandra, which is a healthy looking lime green with no yellow spots. Color wise P. stellata "broad-leaf" is going from pale orange to dark orange. Downoi is going vertical but growth rate appears the same (was slowly creeping). P. stellata "narrow leaf" has been side shooting and/or stunting all over the place for the past few weeks, and unfortunately I can't tap your knowledge about it in regards to this experiment until I get it healthy again. I've never gotten the deep reds on the top of the leaves from L. repens or H. polysperma "sunset," despite previously dropping N and starving them per Tom Barr's observations, and increasing Fe chlelate dosing from other's observations, and this experiment has not gotten me there either. (Yet?)

So I gave up on glosso a while back because it never hugged the substrate for me. If I remember correctly you said Fe dosing gets it going: I missed a bit of it, and here is what it looks like after this experiment.

Wow! That is phenomenal growth if you only had a tiny bit just days ago. I guess you are back in the glosso game. Good job.

Yes, that's much more like it :D Those runners look great. Snipping the runners between the plantlets will also increase the growth as this will cause them to put out even more runners. Nice job Joe :)

Back
Top Bottom