Finally! An unexpected guest!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanMurphy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just "fluffing" my plants a bit to pull any dead leaves loose and to keep stuff from settling in the leaves, when I noticed what looked, at the time, like a huge pleco poop sitting on one of my red leaves that came off. I went to grab the leaf by the stem so the mess wouldn't fall off, and I noticed it wasn't poops at all, but a new snail.

These don't look anything like the snails that crop up from time to time at Pets Unlimited (where I bought some plants), and I haven't bought plants there in months anyway.

I obtained some grassy plants from a friend, but that was over a month ago, also. It seems odd that I'd have a single hitchhiker like this, too. I scoured the tank looking for his buddies, to no avail.

As you can see, he's of no size whatsoever compared to my Mysteries, but I'll leave him in there as part of the cleanup crew. I've got nothing against pond snails, and I wish him well in his reproductive endeavours.

Congrats I think LOL. He may have been hiding on that plant you got from your friend or may have been just an egg at the time on a leaf. It takes time for them to become evident in the tank. Shortly you will most likely see more of them.

I had a small horde lying in wait.. for some reason the water at my Mom's didn't favour them, but once I move the gravel to my 75 they were everywhere.. I picked up some clowns that made short work of them, but the original tank that still had most of the gravel in it became plagued with these little buggers.. (yoyo's cleaned them up in no time. (3 ate like 50-60 in 2 days)

One of my larger ones has eggs all over its shell. I wonder if that's how snails dis one another.

Back
Top Bottom