Fluorescent Light Strip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDroid26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon with a 19 watt fluorescent bulb over a glass canopy.
Now I did try researching the plant sites provided through AA however when it comes to low light plants, does that mean I can just use the standar fluorescent bulb that comes with the light strip?
I want to have a few live plants but without going the whole T5 lighting way, I don't mind the low light plants too much. Anyone can help thanks!

Also, do they require co2 much?

Yes that should grow low light plants. Java ferns, java moss, anubia, crypts should all grow. Not fast but they should do ok.

Your Lighting Question

Hello Fish...

Here's a little aquarium lighting/plant information that was given to me some time ago when I was struggling with my first planted tank:

1 to 2 watts of light per gallon of tank size is enough to grow most aquatic plants.
Natural daylight is 5500 K, so you want a bulb in that range. A 6500 K bulb is recommended.
Low light plants need up to 1 watt of light per gallon of tank size.
Moderate light plants 1 to 2 watts per gallon.
Strong to bright light plants 3 to 5 watts per gallon.
Always dose at least a couple of different kinds of liquid fertilizers a minimum of two to three times per week, because plants are living things and require a variety of nutrients to grow well.

B

Back
Top Bottom