Fluval Flora and Clown Killifish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fluval Flora Aquatic Plant Kit, 7.9-gallon:Amazon:Kitchen & Dining would this be a very good tank for plants and a few clown killifish? (and maybe a few shrimp). How much room does each clown killifish need? Could I grow dwarf baby tears in a set up like this?

That's a great tank, I have the EBI version and it's my favorite tank. Liveaquaria says minimum 20g for CK's and I don't know them well enough to say. I keep a betta, 4 Cards, mix of shrimp and a nerite and everyone is doing great with a mix of plants (no co2). This system has the co2, with 13w @6400K and you should be good with dwarf baby tears IMO.

The website I read said you can keep 6 CK for every 10 gallons. And that they prefer smaller tanks when they breed. There MAX size is 1.5 inches (I have never seen them that big). I really want to breed the little guys :) .... I would probably get 3 females and 1 male. And maybe a snail (clean up crew... lol). Is this doable or will the stocking police freak out.

The website I read said you can keep 6 CK for every 10 gallons. And that they prefer smaller tanks when they breed. There MAX size is 1.5 inches (I have never seen them that big). I really want to breed the little guys :) .... I would probably get 3 females and 1 male. And maybe a snail (clean up crew... lol). Is this doable or will the stocking police freak out.

HAHA! Tell me about it :hide:. Some fish like my danios need swim room, whereas my cards just sit there and look at each other :blink:. I saw the 1.5" max too and that's pretty small, but I'd suggest doing a bit of googling and get an idea of their needs, then do what you think is right. Nobodies gonna be looking at you in the mirror, except you is the way I feel and if the fish are happy, that's the whole point.

The only thing I can say is, please do a build thread and I'll be following along for sure :popcorn:.

Ok I will. But I don't have the tank and I may never have one :(. I will have to see if I can sneak it in my house without my parents seeing lol

O man.... you know that feeling that you get when you are about to spend a lot of money. Start looking for a build thread in a few weeks :)

A question to anyone who has owned the fluval Flora... how long does one of those co2 cartridges last?

Back
Top Bottom