Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winter1804

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It’s been a little over 3 or so years since I’ve been active in the hobby. I gave away my fish, boxed up my fish tank and moved to Florida. I’m really interested in getting back in the hobby. I still have my 90 gal tank but will be upgrading to 300 soon. Im debating on what type of filter I want and what type of lighting.
On all my previous tanks I always had a fluval but I’m thinking about getting a sump filter this time. As for lighting I had a T5 6 lamp fixture but I’m really interested in kessil LEDs.
I’ve always kept discus, rams, algae eaters, and different Types of plants. I’m hoping some one can give me some advice on lighting. I’ve heard good things about kessil led’s. If there is anyone using kessil led’s how are they.

I would go with T5-HO. Many horticulture options available. Kessils are "nice" but in terms of performance you simply can't beat some staggered bulb combo's of T5-HO.

I would go with T5-HO. Many horticulture options available. Kessils are "nice" but in terms of performance you simply can't beat some staggered bulb combo's of T5-HO.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom