Give it some time.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cweg71

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

I am a new member and wanted to share some of my experience with my planted aquarium. About 2 years ago I was running 2 tanks, a 29 medium planted and a 55 with very little plants. In july 2005 I combined the 2 tanks into a 125 gallon. This is the only tank I am currently running.
The tank is the standard 6 footer with a 48" 110 watt CF fixture hung over the middle. This gives my bright light in the middle and shade on each end. I keep clown loaches and bosemani rainbows. The clowns like this set-up. I have the planted the tank with java moss, java fern, and anubis.
It has taken me year and a half to get my plants thriving. I have a pretty high fish load so I do not fertilize. I go low tech and that takes more time to grow plants in my experience.

Attachments

• img_0013_copy_129.jpg
    img_0013_copy_129.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 63
Looking pretty good. Got some nice plants in there. Also, since the light fixture doesn't cover the whole tank, the plants in the ends of the tank should be low-light plants as well, like crypts. Which plant is on the left side? Looks like you have crypts on the right? Again, nice layout. (y)

Back
Top Bottom