Good live plants for Fluval edge 6g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_Fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
What are some good live plants and driftwood for the Fluval Edge?
Thanks so much

I run 2 Fuval Edge 6g tanks. They have very low light and I've been able to successfully grow Water sprite, Dwarf chain sword, Crypt Wendtii, Bolbitus, Java ferns, and Anubia's. Using liquid carbon will help the plants photosynthesis in lower light tanks. I actually use 1ml liquid carbon to every 2g of tank water.

Glad to see this thread, I've been thinking an edge 6g is what I want for my next nano. Sounds like low light plants are possible with the stock set up. All the info I'd seen on planted edge tanks involved some pretty major mods.

Does anyone know if moneywort or hornwort or any easy fast-growing plant will grow in my fluval edge 6g?
Also what rocks can you put in a fish tank?
All my pet stores only have pebbles and gravel

Moneywort might grow but due to the sometimes messiness of hornwort I would not use it. Water sprite grows fast so you have to keep it trimmed as you will with any stem plant. Also with the low light plants will naturally grow slower which is why I use liquid carbon in low light tanks.

Back
Top Bottom