Gravel Question/Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corster

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank has been set up for a few months now. It's also hard cleaning with the plants. When you clean your gravel/water change does your tank get cloudy? My tank gets pretty cloudy from the added iron I have in my gravel and fish wast. I do water changes every week. I was just wondering when you guys clean your tank does the water fill with debris.

I never vacuum gravel and I do a 50% plus changes every week. The water does not get cloudy. How much are you feeding?

rich311k said:
I never vacuum gravel and I do a 50% plus changes every week. The water does not get cloudy. How much are you feeding?
2-3 min rule.

I'm with rich.........the only time I vac the gravel is to suck up the occasional tumblemoss.

Ya that is my term for pieces of moss that are detached from the main plant and balled up by the current.

When I do water changes I do sometimes get some cloudiness going on.......but nothing epic. Goes away in a few mins.

Your tank is still young so you probably don't have an established carpet.......is that correct?
A good carpet helps to keep the mulm under control.
How heavily planted is your tank? Any pics?

Back
Top Bottom