Hemianthus micranthemoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

In my 29g tank with DIY CO2, 65w CF, EI dry ferts, rather large gravel substrate I have Hemianthus micranthemoides growing. My original plan was for it to grow a carpet an inch or 2 high. Well its getting out of control. It nor runs the entire length of the tank, about 5" from the front glass back, and is about 6" tall! It is a massive block, literally, of Hemianthus micranthemoides. It is all green(even the stuff closest to the substrate), but I don't know why. It is so ridiculously thick that I have no clue how the lower parts of the plant get any light.

How can I keep it down to about 2"?

Thanks,

Mike

Other plants in the tank include:
a few various crypts, najas, anacharis, a bundle of rotala rotundofilia I'm trying to save, narrow leaf java fern(huge!), java moss, and Myriophyllum mattogrossense.

I have an idea....you should trim it and send me some. lol. Seriously though, I think that the only thing to do is trim it constantly. Also, from what I've read, you can keep it creeping lower to the ground if you increase the lighting.

yohann976 said:
I have an idea....you should trim it and send me some. lol. Seriously though, I think that the only thing to do is trim it constantly. Also, from what I've read, you can keep it creeping lower to the ground if you increase the lighting.

Give me your address, and I will add you to the list. I'm sending 2 other members some. I'm not kidding...I have a ton. It is ridiculous. I'll get a pic before and after I trim.

Back
Top Bottom