How do I know when theres enough Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just set up my pressurized Co2 system and am unsure on how to tell when my tanks getting enough Co2. what should i be looking for, what are the signs. Any advice will help, thanks. Also have the same question on when to Fertalize again...not sure how to tell how often I should dose Phosphate and potasium

get a co2 indicator it usually has 3 colors blue if u dont have enough green if u r good and yellow if u have more than necessary they usually run anywhere from 10 to 18 nucks depending on the brand and if they have the drops!!!!

You need a drop checker. Don't blindly inject co2 in your tank. You'll either cause a real algae problem, get really lucky and get spot on, or kill all your fish. You can get 3 for $10 on ebay, then you'll just need some 4dkh reference solution and a liquid pH test.

anyone know were i can get one faster then like 3 weeks like on ebay? they are all from hongkong or some place and take 3 weeks to deliver, were can i get one now? GLA have them but for 40$ sooo thats kind of alot..

Yeah, you're either going to have to wait (it's worth it really) or get a plastic one.. unless you want a high priced in country version of the ones that are 3 for $10. Most of the big aquatic websites have them (foster&smith, marine depot, aquacave, etc) but they're plastic... they work the same but are ugly IMO

found one of the glass ones on ebay and some guy in the Ohio has it so im buying it from him, comes with 4dkh solution for 15$

yeah, I adjusted my Co2 abit so that it deffinitly wont be to much based on what iv read, it 1.5-2 bubbles per second and my plants do seem to be pearling. But im excited to get a new planted tank toy. (drop checker)

You really can't judge based on BPS... there are too many variables. Diffusion, surface agitation, etc. I would turn it off until you can measure it.

Back
Top Bottom