I tried to see if some of the 1/2 damaged leaves would recover but I ended up having to remove all but 4 leaves. One which looked great had a brown stem going to the rhizome and the leaf popped off by itself. The remaining leaves are finally recovering and I have noticed 5 new leaf sprouts coming back.
I wanted to increase my CO2
a bit to help it grow faster but I found my tank KH
to have dropped drastically (no CO2
for a week and I am starting to believe the hygrophila stripped Carbon from the carbonate in the water as it is growing uncrontrollably) and I don't want the PH
to plummet. I'll have to start putting in small pinches of baking soda and start the CO2
up again (it was stopped in an attempt to control the hygrophila and hornwort growth).
Now I know that it takes nearly about 10 days to recover with a novice at the helm.