ID needed please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy monkey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just set up my first planted tank today, the guy in the LFS seemed very helpful and picked out 5 plants he said were great for beginners. Problem is he only told me the Latin names and I've forgotten them now, could someone ID them please?

image-747787199.jpg

From left to right you have Val but if it's twisted like it sort of looks it's probably Corkscrew val. The next two plant bunches are anacharis, which you need to take them out, cut the bottom inch off, then replant each stem individually with leaves almost but not quite touching the leaves of the stems around them. With two bundles you can fill in alot of area. On the far right appears to be water sprite and the one grass plant in the front looks like Cyperus Helferi.

That's brilliant, thanks for that, the LFS guy said I just stuck them in and that was it, hope they're not damaged!

The grassy plant looks more like blyxa japonica than C helferi. Helferi is a rosette plant, but that one looks like a stem. The ones in the back could also be a myrio species, as the picture is pretty zoomed out, but I agree that anacharis is the most likely ID.

Back
Top Bottom