In need of water help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Linquent

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am setting up 30g, and I would like to get back growing plants. I loved having them when I lived in the city, but since I changed counties, I haven't been able to keep them alive. I'm willing to put in the effort, I just don't know what I'm doing. :)

Here are the answers to the troubleshooting template:

~Plant(s) affected? No plants yet
~Tank size/volume? 30g 36" x 12" x 16"
~Lighting/wpg? I have a 36" 54w SolarFlare SX LED Light Unit
~Do you inject CO2? If so do you know the level? No
~What do pH, KH, PO4, NH3 and/or NO3 test kits say?
KH = 4, GH = 9, PO4 = 2, NH3 = 0, NO3 = 0, PH = 8
~Dosing? What/how much/how often? No Dosing
~Heavily, moderately, or lightly planted? No plants yet
~Fish stock? None yet
~Tank Location (near windows - in direct sunlight)? No Direct Sunlight
~How long has tank been set up? 4 days and I used 15 gallons of water from my established tank to start it.

I used eco-complete for substrate. Thanks.

What exactly are you asking?

If you're looking for some easy plants to start out with, you can try amazon swords, java fern, anubias, crypts, java moss, water sprite, water wistera, or marimo moss balls. :)

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate it.

I guess there isn't a specific question, is there? :) I read in an unrelated thread that specific questions can sometimes hide the issue, and that it can be productive to post the water parameters generally. I thought if I posted them something might jump out at someone.

That template is going to change. I'm working on a pressurized co2 system now. I'm just waiting on some parts. Additionally, my lighting is going to change, and I'm going to use some dry ferts. We will see what happens. It's hard to be patient though! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom