Is there someone who can talk to me about my plant fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwesomesHome

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

Is there someone who can talk to be about my plant fish tank and the things that I need to do to get my plants to grow.

I would like to talk about my weekly water parameters. Show this person pictures of my plant fish tank and I need some advice on what to do and buy to make things go good in the plant fish tank.

I have some plants and fish in it. I have had some plants grow small plants on the leaves, but I can't get the other plants to grow. The plants have stayed the same.

I got new lighting, and would like to talk with this person, or yall about it.

I would like someone to grow my plants for me with advice, and when I get it, then I will do what I need to after that for the plants.

I will try and buy what y'all think I need for the plants to grow.

I would like to know why things are happening with water parameters and lighting.

Hello,

Is there someone who can talk to be about my plant fish tank and the things that I need to do to get my plants to grow.

I would like to talk about my weekly water parameters. Show this person pictures of my plant fish tank and I need some advice on what to do and buy to make things go good in the plant fish tank.

I have some plants and fish in it. I have had some plants grow small plants on the leaves, but I can't get the other plants to grow. The plants have stayed the same.

I got new lighting, and would like to talk with this person, or yall about it.

I would like someone to grow my plants for me with advice, and when I get it, then I will do what I need to after that for the plants.

I will try and buy what y'all think I need for the plants to grow.

I would like to know why things are happening with water parameters and lighting.
Yo, ask the questions. Planted tanks take time and a vision. Really is only as difficult as you make it. Basics below-

Good lighting is key. Use 7-9 hours/day.

If you have an algae bloom your plants will be fine for a 48 hour blackout and that will help with algae.

Good substrate helps but root tabs can make any soil better.

Liquid fertilizer helps, I prefer the Seachem Flourish and the Seachem Advanced helps quickly establish roots.

Only try and grow plants in your level of lighting.

Plants melt. Almost any plant will look ugly for a day or two, some slower growers, longer.

Plants root systems tell you what they like, big roots like root tabs.

My substrate is really really nice (expensive) but still struggles to grow stemmed plants. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be and that is OK.

If a plant dies and has a messy removal, ammonia might spike.

Have fun and learn while doing it!

Back
Top Bottom