Kingkoopas 10gl scapers tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingKoopa512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone in aa love this site. So , i ended up selling my 40gl breeder planted tank. Unfortunately, had to down size? but as they say happy wife, happy life. So sold my 40 got this brand new 10gl scapertank with filter an 5w led light. Hope its stronge enough for hi light plants. While i was buying this tank at my lfs, one of the guys that works there that hooks me up everytime i go, was like did u check out the dragon rocks. ? so had to buy some. Will be buying a few more for the eheim 6gl but that will wait. Back to the scaper, i kept my aquatek co2 reg. An co2 bottle plus the lines etc. I want to do this right so gonna be patient. Wana do a iwugami tank. Maybe with star repens carpet. Im all up for ideas from all of you.
748bb48fe29a57412054a29e2dde314a.jpg

Dragon rocks
dd5df8961248b686133b73a0f510e87c.jpg

Gonna get some cbs for this tank. What ya think about stratum? Stratum with some white color sand.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have a great LFS there. That stone is very distinctive.
For carpet plants, you could do Staur repens. Not demanding and stays put (well, side shoots form but it does not send out runners). I grew a carpet using a Finnex FugeRay and DIY CO2. It's actually a stem plant that tolerates trimming and stays relatively low. However, the leaves are large and may not be to scale with a 10g.
If you invest in one of the higher end substrates, perhaps you can do dwarf baby tears or a type of dwarf hair grass. Glosso is also an option. Not as small as DBT, IMO it looks best when it is not too thick...a nicer mono layer of it. Once it starts to overlap, it gets unruly. As with most carpet plants, diligent maintenance will keep them looking good.
Good luck with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Would stratum be good for dwarf baby tears?

Would stratum be good for dwarf baby tears?

I was not certain so I did a quick Google search. One of the links mentioned that DBT will lift off the substrate when using coarser substrates such Fluval Stratum.

What do ya think about this scape. White sand on the right corner

I like it. I think one of the three rocks needs to be smaller though. You should have a lead stone and build around it with the smaller ones. Not that it matters much, I'm no expert but I think this is one of the concepts the pros seem to adhere to when planning this kind of scape.

I love the rough jetted rock! I think it's beautiful in conjunction with the black and white substrate. I'm interested to see what it would look like planted. :) I'm thinking some of the jagged, rocky hillsides long forgotten by the tumultuous earth where grass has remembered.

Cloudy still, but its my first try at iwugami type tank. Hope ya ll like it cause i sure do.?

33a9ac085d66784c4d4e7e49da633ce7.jpg

It looks better ? now you can distinguish between the primary stone and the balancing stone. Much better attempt than I could muster.

Edit: in fact it really is quite an attempt.

Thx caliban. Gonna test the waters tomorrow an get some bb from somewhere.

Thinking about some ember tetras, Once this tank cycles an crystal black shrimp already have them on hold. Cant think of any other small tetras beside the blue neon tetras. Might jus do the shrimp. But the small tetra s would add some more deminsion

More pics
Front view
1bcf0d4f6b175903037266f8f5007a1c.jpg

Side view(looks noce from this side which faces my bed. Idk if finnex planted plus 24/7 has a 10 to 12in led lol
fb3f1415f6225ebcacac2d12505329aa.jpg

I like the layout. That appears to be quite a bit of light produced by the 5w LED.
For cycling you should be able to borrow a small portion of media from another tank.
What fertilizers will you be using?
CPDs and other micro rasboras should do nicely in that tank.

Switch out diffusers gotbone for a nano tank .
0d89dcb356debed4676f95440d5b88b5.jpg

Will be using pps pro ferts. Got some seachem stability going in the tank .ths fresh an ziggy first time doing an iwugami tank an it is peaceful looking ?

Back
Top Bottom