Leaf tips burnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been chainging a lot of water after being out of town alot, and now that my water is back clear (well, more muddy), I'm seeing my plants are looking like they have not fared too well. All my leaves are turned down and my scarlet temple is pale. My water wysteria also has the tips of its leaves looking burned. I just pulled a lot of bacopa and crypt out, and they looked fine. Also replaced my about-worn-out bulb last night. What do these plants tell me?

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418043650326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418043650326.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 73
The tips of the leaves have turned brown and curled under tightly as if the plant has been scorched by intense radiant heat (if they were out of the water)

What's your fert schedule? My first thought is lack of nutrients.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you dose any co2 in any form?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would also like to see a better picture of the affected leaves, maybe during a water change so the cloudy water isn't interfering?

Sorry. Haven't been on in awhile... You should have a pic of a wysteria I removed.

I have been using 15mL API CO2 Booster (glut) in my 29g and 5mL in my 10g per day. I also put down some new plant spikes yesterday, so hopefully that will help out there.

I have been using about 5mL Aqueon Plant Food the past couple weeks at each water change, but it looks like I may be trying to get black beard algae. My last bout with that didn't turn out that great...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418733245144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418733245144.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418733546332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418733546332.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom