Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seanh84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can plants get too much light? I have amazon swords with a 25w t8 plantgrow tube which is on a timer 9 hours a day and using flora root tabs, the leaves look dirty but nothing comes off when i rub it! None of the leaves look perfectly green. The plants have been in for about 3 weeks

Attachments

• image-2635054840.jpg
    image-2635054840.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 64
well, it can a little. Not as much without injecting co2, but it still off gasses the co2 you build up. I find that will my plants have lots of light, and when they're getting good trace elements they turn a nice red hue

No, if anything, a bubbler adds co2... though it won't be enough to really make a difference or anything.

I agree, those are really nice sword leaves. Mine look nowhere near that nice.

well, it can a little. Not as much without injecting co2, but it still off gasses the co2 you build up. I find that will my plants have lots of light, and when they're getting good trace elements they turn a nice red hue

If you're not injecting CO2, you won't be reducing CO2 levels with an air stone. Period. Unless your tank is ridiculously overstocked, and even then I'm dubious.

Back
Top Bottom