Light ???? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neontetra0131

Aquarium Advice Activist
My buddy gave me a 20" t5 to grow some plants but one bulb is working the middle little bulbs are working the other long isn't do you think it's enough to grow moss?!!! I know the light is to big :/ ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401667142.295581.jpg

Hahah, oh boy, that's an actinic bulb for sw my friend, sell the light on Craigs list and he t something proper, that's way to powerful anyways.. you'll have am algae farm that eats your moss alive..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is producing the blue light? Is it one of the long tubes or the (what I am guessing are) LEDs? If it is the long tube, then it is possible to swap it out for a bulb in the spectrum suitable for a FW planted tank (6500k). If the blue is coming from the LEDs, then not sure what to do.

Brookster the t5 is to strong for a 10g I was told a t5 would be perfect. I'm just trying to grow some kind of easy moss in my 10g idk about java maybe Some other moss or plant that only needs lighting no co2

That t5 with proper bulbs mind you, will put that 10 into.thw highest of high light requiring dry ferts and co2, there is no easy way to use that light, trade it, sell it.. or learn fast on high tech tanks..

Lol no no I don't want high tech tank just moss willow, Taiwan any moss that doesn't need co2 just light lol ugh it's so hard to do this

What did you list it as?

It's a $30 light all day, don't settle.for le$$.. that Sat is a sweet light. I've been eyeing one for my 10 too

I got one for 45$ off eBay new and he lives twelve miles away from my house so I'm going to pick it up in the morning

That's a great deal!! They were 90 new at petco, not that I'd ever buy on there..

$45 for the satellite LED+ (with the "plus" in it... Just to be clear) with RGB LEDs? Not the regular satellite right?

Back
Top Bottom