Lightbulb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking at a fixture for a 40 gal and came across this one. I like it, but it's got a 10k and a pink bulb. Would these work for a moderately planted tank? Or should I replace them with 6700k bulbs?

No link, but that doesn't really matter since the answer would be the same. It should be fine. The kelvin rating of a bulb is never a sure thing as to whether it provides the best spectrum for plants, but generally speaking, 6500k-10,000k bulbs have those spectrums in them. The pink bulbs are specifically for plants, but they look horrible. I'd probably trade it out for a 6500k. I think a 10,000k and 6500k look great together.

mfdrookie516 said:
No link, but that doesn't really matter since the answer would be the same. It should be fine. The kelvin rating of a bulb is never a sure thing as to whether it provides the best spectrum for plants, but generally speaking, 6500k-10,000k bulbs have those spectrums in them. The pink bulbs are specifically for plants, but they look horrible. I'd probably trade it out for a 6500k. I think a 10,000k and 6500k look great together.

Thank you, I'll switch the pink one out.

I've heard some people say that they like the pink bulbs' color. But I would agree with getting a 6500K instead.

Back
Top Bottom