Low light aquarium plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

augustjd123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know of some low light aquarium plants. I plan on getting a stronger light for my 55 in the future but for now im stuck with marineland LEDs! Any ideas?:thanks:

Staurogyne Porto Velho is good for low or medium light. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some.

What is your lighting exactly?

Edit: ludwigia repens is good also. I sent you a PM about them.

Wisterea, java fern, java moss, anubias, water sprite, Amazon sword

+1

I'd add crypts, moss (i.e. flame, peacock, Xmas, etc.), narrow leaf microsword (Lilaeopsis mauritana), dwarf sag, marsilea minuta (or crenata), narrow leaf java fern, and marimo moss balls... all I can think of at the moment.

Low Light Plants

Does anyone know of some low light aquarium plants. I plan on getting a stronger light for my 55 in the future but for now im stuck with marineland LEDs! Any ideas?:thanks:

Hello aug...

Look for dark green aquatic plants. They'll require low light. The light green variety generally take stronger light.

B

In a tall tank some val's and big ozelot sword would look nice, maybe some crypt mid ground and some narrow leaf chain sword foreground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks brookster I have all those plants except for sword so ill look for some today at the store

For the fore ground some dwarf sag would work. even though its a low light tank I would recommend buying some flourish excel or some other kind of Co2 supplement. Will help with overall health of your plants. (y)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom