medicated tank, will my plants make it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

godzilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am heavily medicating my tank with Metronidazole. I am also leaving the lights off to help keep the fish calm. This will be for about 4 days, or until my fish start eating and acting normal again (or they all die, god forbid)

Are there any measures I should take for my plants? I have a 29 gal planted tank that I can move plants to, but its pretty crowded already and I dont really want to do that unless I have to.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

If you inject CO2, it should be turned off during the treatment with lights off. Adding an airstone would probably be beneficial to both the fish and plants.

I have no idea whether or not there are any possible reactions between Excel and the medication. That would be a good questions for Seachem. There wouldn't be much point of dosing the Excel since your plants won't be able to use it with the lights off.

well before I medicated the tank I was overdosing excel to help with a hair algae problem I was having. i was hoping to take care of that but the lights out should help some...

In that case, as long as there aren't any problems with the medication and Excel interacting, you could continue dosing the Excel.

Back
Top Bottom