Medium light reds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On plantgeek lucens is just a green crypt. Is that correct?

Red melon sword looks like a possibility.

Looks like rotala rotundofilia could do alright in my tank.

Thanks for the suggestions, are these plants that are regularly kept and may be able to find here on AA?

You could also try Ludwigia inclinata var verticallata 'Cuba', a very nice orange/pink Ludwigia, or Proserpinaca palustris, an interesting bronze/orange plant, commonly called mermaid weed. They are not very common, but you can find them both at www.aquabotanic.com if you're interested.

Alternanthera reinecki should grow under those conditions, very slowly. But I have kept it under 2wpg and no CO2. It still did just fine.

Yea that is the plant in my avatar.

I had trouble keeping it looking the way I wanted it. It will only have a few leaves at a time so you can't really trim too much in order to shape it the way you want it. It also likes to send new leaves to the top of the water. You can trim these off - but what do you do when it suddenly sends all of its older leaves to the top of the water too?

But the color was amazing! well worth it in my opinion.

I just picked up some Peruvian ludwigia that looks nice and should do well in your tank. Rotala macrandra would be really spectacular but I'm not sure you have enough light.

Back
Top Bottom