Moon lights with live plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Probably a silly question, but here it goes. I got some blue LED strips to retro in and use as moonlights. They run separately from my t8's, but I like how the blue makes the fish colors pop out during the day. I'm curious though if I have the blues on, does that effect the overall spectrum of the lighting to where it would hinder plant growth?

Attachments

• image-1024867709.jpg
    image-1024867709.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3870820391.jpg
    image-3870820391.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 65
I have moonlights with my light fixture. It's a T5 HO light fixture with LED moonlights. The moonlights are on all night and I have about 30+ Anubias and I don't have any issues.

Hope this helps.

Turning them on couldn't effect the spectrum that a separate light fixture emits. The wattage would stay the same too. Try it and see what happens!

You overall spectrum will get a little more blue heavy, but with the amount of light those are putting out and your T8s, I highly doubt that it's going to be an issue. If you were running an actinic T5HO, that would be a problem, but I doubt a moonlight strip will have ANY effect on your plants or algae, assuming those are low wattage lights (and they look like they are).

Back
Top Bottom