My 75g planted Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEANS

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys been soaking some driftwood and gathering plants together for the last month since I decided to change my tank to planted. I was wanting some input on how I have the plants on the wood and my tank situated atm. I am only about 1/2 done I have some low light plants otw that I ordered from fort and more wood soaking.
the plants attached are Vals and some bog plants I bought from a fish store before I knew bog plants were good for aquariums. I will be adding java ferns and moss on the wood later with some other stem plants around in the sand too. thanks for any advice!
oh ya the water isnt as clear as it usually is cause I just did a pwc and some sand and debree havent settled.

edit:pics didnt load they are the post below

Last edited:
pics

Attachments

• PIC-0291.jpg
    PIC-0291.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 80
  • PIC-0292.jpg
    PIC-0292.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 78
  • PIC-0293.jpg
    PIC-0293.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 76
  • PIC-0294.jpg
    PIC-0294.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 71
Looking great beans! It is going to be a great tank when it grows out a bit

yeah its pool filter sand. um most the sand settles in about 5 minutes are less. then I have some smaller particles from inside the tubing of my filter that come out when I reprime it. The sand looks brighter because of my lighting and I took the pics with my cell phone. but it is pretty white

edit: I just hope it fills out with lots of plants and looks likes forts :) .... eventually

Last edited:
Hey guys will those vals on the wood do ok or are they supposed to be planted in substrate?

yeah I know my workplace has a big one potted at our front door lol :( but I didnt know that when i bought it so I figured i would leave it in there until it looks like it is about to die then plant it outside my tank.

thanks for the info about vals ill prolly leave them in the wood til i get my java ferns from the pet store and some plants fort sold me wed and then plant them in the sand

Back
Top Bottom